Wicher Ryegrass – annual mid tetraploid is a locally selected and produced ryegrass, Wicher shows good early vigor and high forage yields. This mid maturity annual ryegrass with it’s higher sugar and moisture content ensures digestibility and palatability perfectly suited for your hay and silage crops. Wicher is an excellent choice for direct seeding new pastures or to help rejuvenate older more established pastures. It’s proven to be a perfect substitute for your more traditional winter forage crops such as oats.
- Mid-High rainfall (500mm+)
- Some tolerance of slightly acidic soils (down to 4.2pH) ideal levels being 4.5-6pH
- Specifically adapted to a wide range of soils types including sand, clay, and loam. Wicher tolerates “wet feet” typical of heavy clay soils
- Sowing rates 15-30kg/ha dependent upon rainfall
- Excellent rust and disease resistance
- Suitable for over-sowing.
Seed pricing is per 25kg bag. Orders exceeding 1-tonne will be provided in bulk bags unless otherwise specified. Pricing is excluding GST and ex Bell Seeds. Pricing is subject to change without notice. Blend components may vary subject to product availability.