Crimson Clover is a highly productive aerial-seeding plant suited to short term pasture phases for both grazing and fodder production. This high seed-producing variety has a more upright growth, making it more suitable for hay and silage production in comparison to your subterranean clovers. Crimson clover grows rapidly in winter and can be heavily grazed during this time. This highly palatable variety produces herbage of a very high quality during winter and early spring most notably.
- Sowing Rates 6-8kg/ha as a sole crop or 2-4kg/ha as part of a mix
- Seed of Crimson Clover must be inoculated with Group C
- Rainfall 500mm+
- Grows on a range of soil types but will not persist on deep, infertile sands.
- Some tolerance to waterlogging however not for prolonged periods.
- Tolerant to frost and generally tolerant of clover scorch disease.
Coated with Group C Inoculant ready to plant.
Seed pricing is per 25kg bag. Orders exceeding 1-tonne will be provided in bulk bags unless otherwise specified. Pricing is excluding GST and ex Bell Seeds. Pricing is subject to change without notice. Blend components may vary subject to product availability.