Vetch is a common variety legume that has exceptional feed value through all stages, from early green shoots, as hay or silage through to seeds over summer. Vetch’s very high feed value for animals and its ability to improve soil fertility, structure and organic matter whilst also offering a weed and disease break for cereal crops, makes this legume extremely versatile. Vetches are a reliable legume for pasture, green manure, hay/silage, and grain. The nutritive and feeding values as a green plant and hay are very satisfactory for ruminants. All common vetch varieties are palatable for grazing and for hay.
- Sowing Rates 40-45kg/ha as a standalone crop
- Sowing Rates for quality pasture or hay/silage use 2/3 vetch 1/3 ryegrass or cereal
- Growing season rainfall 200-350mm+
- Prefers neutral to alkaline soils, however, is adapted from sandy loams to clays of moderate fertility
- Excellent feed for growing and finishing livestock
- Plants infected by rust can cause abortion in pregnant ruminant animals, DO NOT GRAZE that crop if rust occurs.
Seed pricing is per 25kg bag. Orders exceeding 1-tonne will be provided in bulk bags unless otherwise specified. Pricing is excluding GST and ex Bell Seeds. Pricing is subject to change without notice. Blend components may vary subject to product availability.